Saturday, July 27, 2019

July 27th


A simple act of kindness.
What does that really mean?
Do kind acts need to be elaborate or just plain simple?
Mother Theresa made it her life calling to help others.
But some people are saints in disguise.
There was an old episode of "Friends", where Joey tells
Phoebe that an act of kindness is essentially selfish because
it makes the giver feel as good as the receiver.
I've been thinking about that.....
A lot.
I've come to the conclusion that Joey was right.
Whether its volunteering, tipping a bit more to a harried waitress, 
buying a meal for a homeless person, helping a stray animal, 
or simply giving up your right of way to an ungrateful driver,
it makes us feel better to do it.
When you become the receiving end of those kind acts,
it becomes a humbling warm feeling.
Kinda like Sally Field's acceptance speech at the Oscars.
"You like me! You really like me!"
When people like this come into your life 
and have a positive impact, you are just so thankful
that your paths crossed and they brought joy into your life.
Gives me warm fuzzies…
You realize that people are truly altruistic, 
and do feel great about helping others.
Just remember to pay it forward and help the next guy out.


**************************************
 The Garden

The cucuzza plant is doing well.
It hasn't started to fruit yet,
but we're crossing our fingers.


Today's haul of bell peppers.
They are doing well even in the heat.


Eggs from Ethel, Lucy, Hazel and Pepper.


Somebody's been sleeping
 in my bed 
(of my English Ivy)!!
It's probably Hazel,
that's her M.O.
She finds a potted plant and
"plants" herself.


I thought I got all the mushrooms outta
my plants, when here comes more
wet weather.
Heavy sigh!


This was a squirrel argument on the tree 
in the pouring rain.
A Mexican Standoff.
They were like this, chattering at each other
for about 10 minutes, till the one on top
climbed up into the tree and the other one
ran down and away.


*********************************
Chicken Sick Bay

Don't know if you can tell by this picture,
but Nugget's comb is looking better.
It's not totally adhered back in place,
but it looks healthier than before.

After I took these pictures,
 I added more Neosporin.
Maybe I should have taken a cue from
'My Big Fat Greek Wedding',
and sprayed her with Windex!

She hasn't missed a beat in the eating
and stalking insect prey departments either.
Soooo glad I didn't have to perform
a comb-ectomy!
That would've taken all my resolve to
clip that vascular area off.
That's one of the ways chickens
disperse body heat -
through their combs.
So now it's a wait and see situation.

*************************

Remember....
If you stumble,
suck it up and make it
part of your dance!

Hugs!







1 comment:

Blogggg said...

what a great pictures u take :D instant pot