Sunday, August 11, 2019

August 11th

On August 15th it'll be 50 years since Woodstock!
It was billed as an Aquarian Exposition: 3 Days of Peace & Music.
That's amazing to think of, 50 years!
Wow!
I'm old.....
This pic was taken at Seattle's MoPOP
or, Museum of Pop Culture
in 2016.

Reminded me of those old songs from the Woodstock era.
I wish we had Google back then to freakin'
understand the lyrics!
We listened to them on AM radio, which was not
the best with clarity of the music,
and, if we were into listening to "alternative" music,
we tuned into an FM station.
But,
still no better to hear the lyrics or understand them.
so,
I looked up some of the "misheard" lyrics.
here are a few.....
Love the chicken reference...




This might take a minute.....



annnd...

There are tons more, 
but suffice it to say,
when we didn't know the exact words,
it didn't matter...
We sang it out like we were on stage
with a hair brush as the mike!

******************************************
Nugget
Her head is healing nicely.

Hot day fun.
We freeze canned corn so they can
get a chicken "snowball"

Nugget with Pepper and Ethel in the background
waiting for the treats.

***************************************
Chicken Humor



and
these.....
Who knew???


Yes, Barbie with her backyard hens!
(I don't think she comes with poop on her shoes)

*********************************
Musings...…..
Husbands...…..
90% of marriage is shouting "What?"
from other rooms.
and 
Husbands are the best person to tell your secrets to.
They'll never share them because they weren't 
listening in the first place!
Ha!
A typical exchange at our house...…..
CEO: Where is the...
Me: Next to the....
CEO: NO, it's not.
Me: It's directly in front of the....
CEO: I looked, we must be out. We need more.
Me: Storming in to show him where it is.
CEO: Oh, I didn't see it.
Me: mumbling... "Sweet Baby Jesus, save me...."
and
We said our "I Do's" 25 years ago.
That seems to be the last time we actually agreed on something.
We can't even commit to dinner plans...
and
Spooning in bed...
Me: "This is nice."
CEO: Snoring in my ear loudly
Me: (3 seconds later) "OK! Move!
Your body heat is melting my skin off and I can't breathe!"
I was sweating like the fountain at the Bellagio.
CEO: snoring, making slight pig noises.
Me: Shoves him, he finally rolls to his back.
CEO: Now making whistling noises from his nose.
Sounds like the clarinet section at a beginner band
concert!!
Me: Pushes him again.
CEO: finally rolls over.
Me: WIDE AWAKE!
But...
Sometimes its me snoring...
***************************************
Remember.....
In the wise words of Bill from
 Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure,
"Joan of Arc is most definitely not
Noah's wife!


No comments: