Saturday, August 22, 2020

August 22nd - I think?






Oh my!
Hurricane's are coming.
It's a 2 for 1 sale.
But, it's gotta get stronger than a Cat 1
for people in Louisiana to bug out.
so.....
just in case you need this...

Just another day in Paradise...
As for us, we'll batten down the hatches,
or
as landlubbers would say,
keep the hens in the coop and secure
the fly-away-able stuff.
Oh, 
and as always, we'll get hurricane snacks.
😆
Be Safe!

********************************
Recently, in my small corner of the world,
we've had 3 deaths this month.
They were all family.
None were Covid-19 related,
but were sad nonetheless.
Our prayers go out to the deceased
and their close family members.
May God Bless them.
💔
***************************

On a lighter note...
While trying to change channels on a new TV,
it somehow went to Music Choice.
Now....
Don't know if you've had the misfortune
to tune into that rip-off MTV station,
but.....
Don't get me wrong,
I like music,
but,
what I don't like, is what passes for
music these days.
It's a droning on of look alike boys and girls
in "hip" clothes
(I guess the clothing is hip, it's torn
and skimpy.)
And I need to mention - they can't sing!
They all sound the same.
Nasal, heavy back beats with
repetitive sounds.
Yeah, yeah, I know my generation
had some crappy bands, but at least
most were groundbreakingly awesome.
(I say that with extreme prejudice!)
😂
But, I digress....
I couldn't get the cockadoodie channel changed.
Tried everything, pushed all the buttons...
I felt like I had inadvertently opened the
door to Dante's 7th circle of Hell!
Finally, in despiration,
I called my son.
After a lecture about how I never listen
and don't want to learn about technological things,
he told me to push a button that I simply hadn't 
thought to push.
Voila!
That quick,
I was out of Pop Music Hell!
Moral to the story?
Yep, you bet.
When your old parents ask for help
about technology,
the child doing the helping,
is the one that, at one time,
needed help with wiping butts,
eating, bathing and homework.
So, grasshopper....
Karma's a bitch.
💋

***************************

The girls hanging out 
and patrolling the yard.
This is Lucy.

Ethel.

Hazel, running to grab a lizard.

Pepper in the dirt with Nugget looking on.
They just finished munching on a watermelon rind.
They love it!

*************************************

Now this...
in the category of:
Only In New Orleans...
Here he is, big as you please
grabbing a few rays before
his noon snack of whatever is
large enough in that canal, to sustain a guy of this size!
🐀🐍🐟🐢
The CEO was driving on Veterans Hwy in Metairie and noticed him.
He said he estimated him to be around 6 feet long.
Whoa, Nelly!

and this from the daily paper...

😬


***************************

And remember,
as far as 2020 goes...
This too shall pass.
Might pass like a 3 carat
kidney stone,
but it'll pass.
👍
 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

❤️❤️❤️