Friday, November 27, 2020

November 27th

It's Black Friday.
I don't shop, so this day is lost on me.
Seems that it would be a better day to
reflect on what we've got 
rather than what we want
and really don't need.
I'm thankful for so many things....
Greeting an early morning sunrise,
Zoning out while reading a book,
Cooking for loved ones,
Being in the garden,
Watching the hens silly antics,
The smell of newly mown grass,
A quiet morning walk in solitude,
Family and friends to love,
But..
at the end of the day,
what really matters is
that I've done my best
and I'm thankful for all I have.

***************************

The peppers I picked last
week are starting to turn.
Aren't they such beautiful colors?


Parsley.
I harvested some last week
to dehydrate for my herbal blend.


Sanservieria 
It's called by other names like,
Mother-in-Law Tongue
or
Snake Plant.


The Button Mums are filling out.

********************************

Nugget,
gorging on dried meal worms.
It's like crack to our girls.


Pepper,
waiting for me to give her 
breakfast of Laying Mash.


Nugget,
finished her meal worms and
is waiting to follow me inside.
Nope!
Not having chickens in the house.
This is the look she gave me when
I told her to scram.
Ha!
One of the best things I've learned
is to become more of a producer
than a consumer.
By that, I mean,
I make bread,
grow our own food,
raise hens for eggs,
compost our waste,
make homemade cleaning supplies,
can jam or veggies,
dehydrate or freeze our produce,
Sew, crochet, knit, make soap,
make candles....
So....
I'd be right at home
if there's ever a zombie apocalypse!
😆

*********************

And,
to ward off Alzheimer's
I try to exercise my brain.
😂

I hope this simple blog
makes someone laugh
or become informed about
our daily life in retirement 
with our backyard veggie's
and the chicken girls.
It has certainly made me very happy.

*****************

Remember......

Laughter is like a windshield wiper,
it doesn't stop the rain,
it just allows us to keep on going.
💗


 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I luv your Blog❤️