Sunday, January 24, 2021

January 24th

Pepper and Nugget share a broccoli leaf.

Today is Change a Pet's Life Day.
Well, all I can say is that our 5 girls
surely have a pampered life.
When the CEO got them almost 5 
years ago, we never dreamed
they would be so much fun!
This is baby Nugget. 
She's so stinkin' cute.
Raising them was a learning curve for sure,
but thanks to the LSU agricultural site,
we are getting really savvy about chickens.
They have individual personalities
and weird quirks that make us laugh
every day. 
Lucy

Hazel

Ethel

They usually like their pictures taken
because they are naturally inquisitive,
and usually don't mind being picked 
up and carried around.
Except this day...
Nugget was flailing her wings
and pedaling her feet to get
down, so the CEO let her go.
Fickle chickens.
🐔

***********************

Since this winter has been mild so far,
the veggies are doing great.

Beets

Broccoli

I picked one for tonight's dinner.
They taste amazing when they are
picked fresh.
 

Yellow broccoli

Celery
I've harvested a bit of these to 
use in my chicken soup last week.
(No pet hens were harmed in the making of the soup)
😊


Cauliflower seedlings

They are starting to sprout!

**************************

Musings from an old lady's mind.....

I know that this is a good product,
but why did they think one tooth
in that logo would promote
their mouthwash?
It looks like only one tooth is left!
So, I guess it's living up to it's
name in caring for the gums?


Every time I open the 'fridge,
it feels like the salsa is judging me!
Yeah, I get it. I'm fat,
but no need to shame me.
(I moved it to the back,
behind the milk)


Well, Ralph Kramden was ahead of his time.
"To the moon, Alice!"


This is just a PSA from the
LSU Ag site...
This is NOT the same for store bought eggs.
They must always be refrigerated.


And this
I try to live by this motto.


****************************

A prayer for my sister

If you feel sad,
I'll be your smile.
If you cry,
I'll comfort you.
If your heart is broken,
you can use mine.
I'll always be there for you,
and I pray for you every day.
May God bless you
and protect you

Amen

 











 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Amen

I thought our winter was chillier than last year - more than just a couple of weekend - glad the Garden and the Girls are well

Sue said...

Your prayers are working. I love you forever and always. I know that this is in my body, and if I live long enough will probably need treatment, but that’s OK for now!