Thursday, March 31, 2022

March 31st

Yay!
It's Tater Day!
My celebration plans are to
bake a couple for dinner.
Who doesn't like a baked potato?
There's so much you can do with potatoes.
Fry them, bake them, mash them, put them 
into salads, stuff them, roast them....
Before I sound like Bubba Gump,
you get the idea.
And,
there's more than 200 varieties 
grown in the US,
with russet being the most popular.
So, 
tonight, celebrate accordingly!


**************************************

We recently bought a bag of 
avocados from Costco.
The whole family loves avocados,
so getting a bag of 6 isn't too much.
But,
you have to wait a week for
them to ripen
and then you have to consume them
in a 12 hour window!
Why is that the case?
The time for tasty perfection
to yucky brown slime
is very small.
This got me to thinking....
1) Who first ate one? Was there a debate
about the color or the "alligator like"
skin, or the texture??
2) This is kind of a design flaw
with the ginormous seed.
God should have gone back to the
drawing board here.
The mango is another example.
Surely, if we can put men on the moon,
we can invent a seedless or smaller seeded
avocado and a mango!
Just sayin'.....


******************************


My Amaryllis


Sunflowers


One of the bigger sunflowers.
The petals have died off so
we leave it on the stalk so the birds
can eat the seeds.


Another large head with seeds
eaten off. 


Stargazer lilies


Paperwhite lilies and gladiolas


Gardenia bulbs


********************************




The Blueberry bushes are starting 
to flower.



My English Lavender.
I thought it had died,
but it looks like it is rallying.



Potatoes



Tomato



Flowers on several of our tomato bushes.



Herb garden Angel


Basil, French Lavender, Rosemary, Thyme
Stevia and Mint.


Onions


And the girls...

Hazel


Nugget


Lucy


Ethel


Minew



Yesterday the CEO brought the
chicken girls a treat,
crickets!!

They loved them!

Minew, however, left the area.
No crickets for her.

***********************

So,
I couldn't find my keys.
I looked for over an hour.
I retraced all my steps and still nothing.
I prayed to my Mom's buddy,
St Anthony,
as well as any Pagan gods
of lost implements.
Figured I'd cover all my bases.
Then,
I put my hand into the pocket of my pants...
Yep!
There they were.
Now, 
I don't know if it was
Divine intervention or,
I've conjured a demon,
but I've got the keys!!


*************************

Love y'all!
Thanks for reading.
You make me happy!
💚




 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I luv your blog‼️