Sunday, March 31, 2024

March 31st

I hope everyone has had a wonderful
Easter with family.
Mine was quiet, so I spent most
of the day immersed in a book.

I love the written word.
Books, Ebooks, Newspapers,
cereal boxes, shampoo bottles, paperbacks,
you name it, and I'll read it!
I also love bookstores and libraries.
The smell of the paper and ink is wonderous.
I'll run my hand over the covers
and flip through the pages just to feel them.
I can spend hours lost in that world.
There's never been a time in my memory
that I didn't like to read.
I remember a summer reading program
when I was in grade school, that
if you read 10 books,
you'd get a certificate.
Well, after I reached that goal,
I didn't stop. I read 30 books that summer.
I don't think I've stopped since ...

Books are my education, vacations, 
escape and comfort.
I've wondered how many
books I have read so 
far in my life - not enough I'd guess!
😊

****************************

The spring weather is doing 
wonders for the herbs and veggies,
here's a few pictures of them.

Cherry Tomatoes.
We have about 8 bushes
and they've started to blossom.

Tomato flowers
and
2 green tomatoes.


Potatoes


Purple leaf lettuce
We also have Artichokes, Eggplants 
and Bell Peppers.
*****

Thai Basil


Tarragon


French Thyme


Sage


Parsley


Purple Leaf and Sweet Basil


English Thyme


Cilantro


Camomile and Mint


Onion flower


Lemon Bee Bush

*******************

White Pansy


Amaryllis


Peppermint Amaryllis


Amaryllis buds


Gardenia buds.
Our bush is covered with them.



Blue Louisiana Iris



Blue Louisiana Iris


Yellow Louisiana Iris


Echeverria with a rain drop.


Buds on the Bay Laurel bush.


*********************


Front door bunny butt wreath.




We couldn't find Minew the other day.
After looking high and low,
she was snoozing in a flower pot!



A few days later,
here she is in the
English Ivy.
Cats are weird.

Following me all over 
while I was weeding.
Silly cat!

************************



Found this guy on the fence.
Its' an American Bird Grasshopper.
It's about 2 1/2 inches long!


And don't forget...
(just don't look at it with the naked eye)
I've taken a picture of an eclipse
with my phone on "selfie" mode
pointed toward the sky.

*****************

💚💙💗


In the words of a great orator...
"Today me will live in the moment,
unless it's unpleasant,
in which case me will eat cookie!"
Cookie Monster




 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

❤️❤️❤️