Sunday, January 7, 2018

January 7th 2018

I'm awake again in the middle of the night.
Can't sleep.
I keep tossing and turning, but no amount of repositioning gets me to fall back asleep. My brain just won't turn off long enough to lull me back to dreaming. This happens quite a bit. Its easier now that I don't have to get up for work, but it is sill frustrating.
Then there is the blocked sinuses and the asthma. 
Oy! Don't get me started!
But these are not new things. (and nobody wants to hear about illnesses)
Heavy sigh......
It just gets old.

Yesterday, I was thinking about my obsession with getting aggravated when people misuse or misspell words. Then I realized it would be a perfect thing to blog about......

 
 
 
Here is Peeve 1 
There, their and they're!!!!!
It's simple.
They all mean something different.
Place. Possession. Contraction.
We learned this in grade school.
 
 
Peeve 2
 
use commas,
Because,
run on sentences, or different ideas in that sentence
Do,
Not,
Make,
Sense!
 
 
Example:
I like cooking my family and my pets.
 
Huh?
Use commas.
Don't be a psycho.
 
 
Peeve 3
These are a few that tend to grate on me....
conversate and supposably - nope, not words
Don't make up words!
Pronouncing the "L" in salmon
Adding a plural when the word is already plural - pantses
To, too and two - they mean direction, also and a number, not. the. same. thing.
I get it that everybody make mistakes,
but,
it doesn't calm my nerves.
 
A few more pet peeves, while I'm on the subject.
Merging in traffic.
If the sign says "lane closed",
It doesn't mean to speed up to the front of the line and ease into the line of cars that
FOLLOW
THE
RULES!
Jeez!
And the last one......?
I do not understand the aversion to this simple task in my house.
 
 
Now we go from peeves to chickens.........
All the girls have been laying.
That's amazing.
In the last few days we've been getting 7 eggs a day.
That means....
Omelets for breakfast,
Deviled eggs for lunch,
Potato salad for dinner,
And
Hard boiled for the fun of it.
Thanks girls!
 
And I close with this
It's why we rejoice at a new day
 
I took this Friday morning.
I was sitting in the den reading,
(yeah, couldn't sleep)
when, around 5:30am
 I noticed a red light coming in the kitchen bay window.
It lit up the whole area.
I first thought that maybe it was a fire
or
thermonuclear war.
Kidding ;)
So, I grabbed a coat and went outside to see this spectacle.
Sadly, it was gone in minutes,
But,
I at least got the money shot!
 

2 comments:

EarthMother said...

Forgot to add the Mother Of All pet peeves! Leaving the toilet seat up! And Walmart - just Walmart....

Melissa said...

I didn't think the girls like to lay eggs when it's cold❓