Sunday, December 31, 2017

December 31st

2017,
whether good or bad,
is on its way out.
 
The beginning of  a new year brings
change
and
hope
for all the things that didn't happen in the past year.
 
It also brings resolutions.
To be resolute about something
implies that it shall be,
regardless
of the human tendency to slack off.
Just look at all those shiny new gym memberships,
equipment,
workout clothes
and
orders for diet foods.
 
I typically don't indulge in resolutions.
I am not resolute when it comes to exercise
or
dieting.
I have no willpower.
 
That's not a really good affirmation on my part.
That,
I guess,
says something of my wimpy character.
Although,
I am resolute about some things.
I won't bore anyone with my few  
attributes as they don't comprise
much typed space......
Oh, well..
New chances
New beginnings
 
Now,
 we have 365 brand new days
and
365 brand new chances
to become resolute.
 
We shall see......
 
The chickens are laying eggs daily.
They aren't at peak production,
but
Hopefully soon.
And.
Good news!
Hazel has decided to begin laying again.
Hallelujah!
I missed those cute small blue egg beauties.
We thought that she might have had an egg stuck up there.
No, we didn't shake her to get it moving,
(although, I was sincerely thinking of its merits)
She is happily giving us an egg a day.
Good girl.
 
And,
As the saying goes.....
Sometimes,
Ya just gotta say
"Cluck it!"
and move on.
 
Happy New Year from us 
to all of you.
I sincerely hope the best for this world and everyone in it.
Our children depend on it.
 
So,
Raise a glass of champagne.....
Here's a toast to
2018.
"And so our adventure begins"
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Sue said...

Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

🎉Happy New Year 🎊 when are we doing Brunch🎉❓