Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 28th

The last day of the month.
Don't know about you, but in my little world, it seemed to fly by.
February is the shortest month, but it really seemed much shorter to me.
I guess its because I'm older.
Over the hill,
A senior citizen,
A fossil.

I looked up some memorable things about today in history
or pop culture,
but none were really Blog worthy.

Here's a couple so you can judge for yourself.........
1) today was the final MASH episode in 1983
2) it's National Sleep In Public Day - who in hell came up with that?
3) it's also Snack Food Month.
Hmmm.
I guess I can get behind the snack food thing.
I do happen to have several "snacks" on hand.
I tell myself that they are for the kids, but, I have been known to indulge.
OK!
Maybe overindulge is a better word.

In searching out the snack angle for this post,
I came across this tidbit.
(has nothing to do with snacks, it was in the recipe area)
as usual, I'm informative ;)
 
On to the chickens.
In a side note,
the mallard couple is still hanging around.
The female hasn't yet chosen a spot for her family.
In the past, they used a quiet spot in the front yard,
but last year, 
the mother left the nest, and never returned.
Sadly,
We had to destroy her clutch of eggs because they rotted.
I wonder if this female is one of her previous babies and the site is imprinted.
The male is very protective.
He'll allow her to eat the chicken feed while he stands guard.
Funny,
I haven't seen him eat anything at all.
They still fly into the backyard, but I'm not sure it'll sit well with the hens if the female
lays her eggs back there.
 
I'm watching out the back window.
There's a whole head of cabbage hanging in the coop.
The girls are pecking at it.
They absolutely love cabbage, kale and broccoli.
As well as, blueberries, strawberries and bugs.
 
In closing,
I was watching TV a couple of days ago.
There really isn't much to choose from.
As Newton Minnow said 50years ago in a speech to the FCC
"TV is a vast wasteland".
and it still is.
As I was scrolling through the crap,
I came upon these gems.
You can't make this hilarity up!
Thought I'd share........
There was a couple of movies on an obscure channel,
One was called, "Attack of the Killer Donuts".
It was billed as a horror movie.
The description of it said,
"A chemical accident turned ordinary donuts into bloodthirsty killers.
Now it is up to a group of friends to save their town from the fried fiends!"
And this Oscar worthy entry...
"Rabid"
This also was billed as a horror movie.
Its description says,
"Surgery leaves a Montréal motorcyclist with a bloodsucking
appendage in her armpit!"
After laughing at the absurdity of bloodthirsty donuts and armpits,
I started to wonder.......
How did they pitch these ideas to a producer?
What "real" actor would sign on to this?
(and this will be on their 'permanent records')
How did it EVER get greenlighted?
How is either of these things a problem?
Just have a Hazmat team destroy the donuts
and
incarcerate the MD quack who implanted something in her armpit!
(Oh, and offer the unfortunate victim some plastic surgery to rectify it)
Problems solved in a few seconds.
No need for a feature length movie.
Lastly....
No.
I did not watch them.
Yes.
I was tempted.
After all.
Who can refuse carcinogenic fried fiends and appendages in hairy armpits?
 


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I loved the bell pepper bit but I had to goggle that and Snopes said false - The supposition that there are male and female peppers is a common canard, but untrue. Peppers grow from flowers that have both male and female parts. The fruits do not have a gender.

EarthMother said...

That's neat! I happened on it thru Pinterest. I'd imagine since that's a fact, no actual fruit is gendered. They simply "identify" as male or female, but they're gender neutral. LOL. I had one recently that had another part growing from it. Looked like a nose! Thanks for reading my humble entries.