Friday, May 4, 2018

May 4th


Happy Star Wars Day!
 
(and also with you.....
There, I said it.
You know you thought it.
Yeah,
Its a tad sacrilegious,
but funny...)
Amazing how this particular yearly celebration has become a "thing".
 
Tomorrow is the 5th or Cinco de Mayo!
Cue the maracas and mariachi band!
Ole'
or.....
Americas reason for getting drunk on imported Mexican beer,
tequila and
margaritas.
Or,
the Star Wars way
 
Yeah,
You guessed it......
 
May has all kinds of days to celebrate.
May 1st was Mayday.
Its another of those pagan holidays that celebrate spring.
In the old days maidens would dance around a Maypole.
(dunno about you, but I can't imagine a more ridiculous activity,
circles make me dizzy,
then I get nauseous,
potentially spewing my last meal..
Nope.)
I digress.....
Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!
Its also an international distress call that originated in 1923 in London.
They decided on that word because the airport
had mostly flights to and from Paris.
So,
The French word for "Help me!" is
M'aider
Anglicized to Mayday.
(before that they used Morse code for SOS)
 Then there's Mothers Day and Memorial Day.
Its just chock full of holidays!
 
============================================
 
I wanted to bring some of the outside in,
so I clipped a few flowers and lettuce.
Who knew it'd make a pretty arrangement.
It makes me happy!
 
 
 
 
This is garlic.
It's in the grocery garden.
We simply planted cloves of garlic.
Now,
to harvest it, we clip the green tops.
Its milder than the bulb, but the same taste.
Yum!

 
 
This is called Society Garlic.
No clue why that is.
Same kind of harvesting here too.
The plant is too young to harvest a bulb.
 
 
 
 
This is broccoli.
The flowers have a mild broccoli taste.
We use them in salads.
Tasty!
 
 
The tomatoes are looking fabulous!
 
 
This is a gauge of how large an artichoke plant actually gets.
Pretty big!
 
 
"The blueberries taste like blueberries!"

a small tasty handful.
 
 
 

Pepper in an attempt to visit China.
 
 
I didn't cook anything tonight.
This Chicken chick is taking the night off.
The CEO is gonna surprise me.
Hmmmmm.
I love surprises!
 
 
Don't forget to wake up early and watch the sunrise.
Never know how many sunrises we will get.
Take advantage.
 
 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Broccoli - really❓Thanks again for my fresh home grown veggies - I ate the salad in the office and had scrambled eggs yesterday morning - YUM‼️