Friday, November 30, 2018

November 30th


Well this month is almost over.
We've celebrated a few holidays too.
But I'll bet you never dreamed that its also
Gluten Free Diet Month, or
Sweet Potato Awareness Month, or
Native American Heritage Month.
We never hear of these to celebrate.
I'd like to correct these wrongs.

I celebrate the gluten free diet daily (mostly).
I am on a rather loose interpretation of a gluten free diet.
The only reason is that I have issues with my stomach.
And let me tell you.... gluten tastes good.
No gluten, however, tastes terrible!
Especially gluten free bread!
Yuck!

Sweet Potato Awareness.....
Now how can we celebrate this?
I'm aware that there sweet potatoes.
I'm aware that I like eating sweet potatoes.
Ok, I've celebrated.
Done with that one.....

Native American Heritage month is gonna be a bit harder.
As far as I know, I do not have any Native DNA.
I haven't taken a DNA test to be sure, but
I guess if a certain congress woman can make that claim,
I'll assume that I am a Native American (only for today).

*******************************************

This was taken December 11th 2016
Our girls are about 2 years old.
They were so small that we had to keep a heat
lamp on them in the cold,
and they pretty much stayed in their cage
in the garage at night.
We draped an old blanket over the cage
and they quieted down for the night.
 
That's Pepper.
So stinkin' cute.
Lucy and Ethel are a bit younger.
They all get along like sisters now.
Bitchy, curious, sisters,
who do not realize that they are chickens.
I really believe that they think
they are dogs.
They still follow Leia around like
baby ducks following their mama.
Leia doesn't even give them a sideways glance,
but still they follow her.
Goofy hens.
 
*********************************
 
And in the spirit of the season,
 
Please remember to send a Christmas card to
a soldier this season.
We are planning to send several.
My grandkids will write a sentiment inside
and address them.
Just trying to instill giving as well as getting.
And,
Salvation Army of Greater N.O.
Women and Children's Emergency Shelter
4500 South Claiborne Ave.
New Orleans, La.
70125
 
Remember,
"There but for the grace of God, go I"
(Its an idiom that is attributed to John Bradford.
He lived in the 1500's.
He was a clergyman who encountered
the wrath of the English monarchy.
He was imprisoned in the Tower of London
and later burned at the stake.)
 
To end on a lighter note....
Take care of yourself
You are loved.
:)
 




 

 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

In honor of Sweet Potato month can you grow some taters in your garden❓

EarthMother said...

We have grown some, but they are vines and require a bigger area. The vines are really pretty too.