Saturday, January 26, 2019

January 26th

An old picture, but a view I'm seeing as I type.
 
 
Yes, my phone is still acting up.
No, I haven't purchased another one yet.
So, my old pictures are my "go to" for another post.
I'm working on it with my son.

January is almost over.
The CEO and I have been in recovery mode.
He is the one recovering, and I'm the one nursing.
A role I'm all too familiar with, except not at home.
Thank goodness he's on the mend and doing better every day.
Our backyard farm is in need of his expertise.
I was batting clean up, but I needed my partner.
Ours is a real co-op farm.

This year we've made a few resolutions.
Yes, I know.
I'm not a resolutions kinda gal, but there comes a time
when they might just be necessary.
With the CEO being "benched" for almost two months,
he became deconditioned.
He resolved to change that and he's dragging me into it too!
So, we joined a gym.
I must confess, this is our Senior Citizen approach to fitness.
Meaning that, we're doing the treadmill and maybe the elliptical bike.
So far we've been 4 times.
I know that sounds like a ridiculously small amount,
but we have to start slow.
He can't do much at a time per Doctor's orders.
But he's willing and eager to try, so that's what its all about.

*****************************************
All of our girls are finally laying!
Hazel always takes the longest to get back in her groove,
but she's finally in production.

The chore of getting them out of the coop and getting them
clean water and food in the morning was the CEO's job.
But since his accident, it fell to me to do it.
Now that he's feeling better, he is gradually easing back in.
I think the girls missed him.
I swear, as soon as they heard his voice, they came running!
Chickens are way more intelligent than we give them credit for.
And
of course, they ignored me!
Little witches!
Anyway......
It struck me how our little flock of seven,
was like The Godfather,
But, I'll call it Godfeather.....
We've got the Don - that's Pepper.
They all defer to her. She's first to eat and first outta the coop.
Then we have the Consigliere, or underboss - Lucy
She too eats immediately after Pepper and pecks at anyone who
doesn't get with the organization.
Next is the Caporegime or the enforcers.
That's Nugget, Henny and Sandy.
And lastly we have the soldiers, Ethel and Hazel.
I'm telling you, they run a smooth organization!
It runs like a well oiled machine.
And in the evening they "go to the mattresses" - literally!
They're not above a bit of extortion by begging for dried worms or treats,
Or...........
sending their enemies (food items like lizards, frogs and earthworms)
to "sleep with the fishes".

Now that the egg production is back in the groove,
its scrambled eggs, pancakes and biscuits for breakfast,
or baking cakes and muffins.
Our girls lay the tastiest eggs!
Thanks Ladies!

***************************************
Just a few words....
Disappointment is the word for the past Saints season.
There's nothing to be done for the outcome,
as regretful as it was but,
in the eyes of this city and their fans they are winners.
New Orleans isn't like any other city.
We embrace the crazy, the unwanted, the marginalized and
most of all our own.
Whether that means you're a native or a transplant, you are family.
There is something intangible about life here.
We laugh, cry, celebrate and restore ourselves.
We are loyal and never back down.
The Saints have been a part of us since '67
and we've seen how completely awesome they can be.
I think Mr. Benson is waving that umbrella in his heavenly
Second Line along with Louis Armstrong and proud of his guys.
So, I'd like to thank them too,
And.......
there's always next year!

******************************
Remember the words of Louis Armstrong......
"And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world

No comments: