Saturday, February 2, 2019

Groundhog Day February 2nd

I can never remember if the ground hog sees his shadow,
is winter 6 weeks longer or shorter??
So, I looked it up.
Seems, that this year, good old Punxsutawney Phil
wasn't able to see his shadow so the
prediction is for an early spring.
I think that's probably good news if anyone has
experienced 2019's polar vortex.
As for me, my Groundhog Day formal education
is solely limited to the movie with Bill Murray.
And as you can guess, it's on several channels today.
In the deep south, the groundhogs' predictions don't
hold much in the way of tradition.
As a matter of fact, our local predictor,
T-Boy the Audubon Park nutria,
did see his shadow.
So in deference to his cousin in the north,
he disagreed with his prediction.
Personally, I don't mind the southern winters.
It certainly beats the oppressive humidity and heat of the summer!
Thank goodness for our mild winters and
wonderful springs and autumns!
 
The CEO and I have been going to the gym
at least 3 times per week.
Hopefully, we both keep this up.
The good thing is that we both go.
(and he's very competitive!)
The selling point of that gym was the
large amounts of "seniors".
My "Baby Boomer" generation is quite formidable.
Yay, us!
 
**************************
The egg production is doing just fine.
Every one of the girls is all in.
Finally!
Pepper is still laying her eggs on the bag of
hay outside the coop.
No idea why.
Hazel is the first to lay her egg in the morning.
Henny, Sandy, Ethel, Lucy and Nugget lay
theirs later in the morning.
But,
we still average 4or 5 eggs per day.
As I type this, I'm watching the girls patrol the yard.
They maintain the flock patrol.
By that, I mean, they stay together while looking
for bugs and tidbits in the grass.
 
While the CEO and I were driving past our local park
which has ducks, birds, rabbits and chickens,
we noticed how thin the chickens were.
Our girls are plump, healthy and very well fed.
And.....
they are pampered pets!
 
************************************
A general commentary...
The state of our country is in turmoil.
Really, the state of the world is in turmoil.
We, as adults, have lived through times such as these
many times before.
We have to make sure that this chaos doesn't
affect our children.
We need to make sure they have coping skills
to deal with the injustices in this world.
We need to love more, have faith in people and God,
have more patience and realize that
no matter what you do,
you can't change someone's mind
but you can change yourself
and how you react to others.
In essence just live by the Golden Rule.
and don't forget to smell the roses!
 
Just a few observations from me....
 
 
Thanks to my loving friends and family
who read my musings.
💋
 
(the picture is of my New Orleans courtyard painting on slate)

No comments: