Tuesday, September 22, 2020

September 22nd

Finally!
Fall is here.

I even put my Autumn wreath on my door.


Now the cooler days can start,
and the hurricanes can stop!
We've had enough.
😖
This has been the weekly mantra
since this fiasco of a year started.
😨
Yep,
sums it up quite well.
💩


Even Bert and Ernie agree with me.
With the start of another season, it
has everyone thinking of what's next.
What kind of fresh hell, dumpster fire
event is next in this Matrix, Groundhog Day,
black hole of Calcutta, debacle of a year?
 We've still got 3 more months to go.....
😱

****************************************

The rescue Aloe is still doing well.
This is the Mother.
She's had a bunch of babies
that are either given away or repotted
in another location.


Cuban Oregano,
"Desi".
He has reproduced quite a bit too.
I'm not a fan of the taste,
but the plant is beautiful.
And it's super easy to propagate.


Basil and Thyme


Thyme and Greek Oregano


Sweet Peppers


Bell Peppers


These are some we've picked.
The white ones turn yellow
and a dark red.
I cut them up to use in cooking
or salads.
I also freeze some.
These will probably be canned
as a pepper jelly or sauce.

****************************

Speaking of Pepper.....
Pepper's feathers have grown in
and she's just as curious as ever.


This is Nugget.
The other girls were chilling in 
the coop to escape the drizzle.
Still no eggs.
We had to buy a dozen and they
certainly were no comparison
to the awesome eggs our girls lay.


********************************

This is my example of
Pareidolia.
It's the name given to seeing
faces in random things.
It's the barbeque cover
and I think he's happy to see me!

************************************


Just remember,
the words of 
John and Paul....

Hey Jude,
Don't make it bad,
Take a sad song
and make it better...


😊






 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

❤️❤️❤️ does desi grow in ful partial sun