Tuesday, June 15, 2021

June 15th

 

Yeah, that's hot!
I was weeding the flower and veggie garden
but I hadda get in out of that heat.
The picture doesn't show that the
"Feels like" temperature is
104!!
And,
there's very little breeze,
so, in the still air it probably feels hotter.
Summer in the deep south,
is back with a vengeance.
🌞

**************************



I took a small break to sip my water.
This scene makes me smile.
When the breeze does blow, I get to smell
all those wonderful herbs,
It's amazing!
And as I look around
I see our Blessed Mother
with her blooms.
So pretty!
That's Pentas Lantanas
at Her feet.



**************************


The mailbox garden


A line up of Ladybugs,
how cute!


More fern fronds growing.


Gardenia bloom.


Stargazer Lily.
It finally opened!


Weird, how their stamens poke up so high.


Just a very pretty, stinky bloom!


English Thyme


German Thyme



Space Portal of Time! Ha!


Summer Squash



Bunches of Cherry Tomatoes waiting to be picked



Bell Pepper.



Eggplant


Japanese Eggplant


Long Tall Sally Pepper.
(not spicy)


Jalapeno Pepper
(Spicy!)


The pickle plant.
A.K.A. Cucumbers.


Baby cuke!


Artichoke.
We decided that we'll let these last 2 
chokes bloom.
I hope they are purple!



Just a few of the last blueberries.
I gave them to the girls for a treat.



************************************

🐔
I wonder, 
as the girls sunbathe in the heat of the day,
did a T-Rex do the same?
Chickens share DNA with their
dinosaur ancestors,
so,
maybe I'm witnessing
Jurassic habitual evolution?
Whenever they do this, 
it scares me.
I'll go out and stand over them
and go,
"Hey, are you ok?"
And they always jump up,
ruffle their feathers and move along.
Ungrateful wenches.....





I was about to fix lunch yesterday
when I saw Hazel eyeballing me 
through the window.
She was clucking to get my attention.
I indulged her and went out to
chicken cuddle.
😀



********************************

Is it just me or has the twist
ties on bread become smaller?
They used to look like the blue one.

Now they look like this green one.
This is a new thing because we've always used
them to tie up the leggy veggies,
so, recently the CEO had to tie 2 together
to accomplish that purpose.
This is on Bunny Bread.
I don't know if it has changed on others.
😕


************************************




My butter looks like a confused owl.
🦉

😆😂



*****************************

In time for Father's Day.


Now all we can do is place flowers
on his grave....


💚









No comments: