Thursday, June 3, 2021

June 3rd

So, it's a special day for eggs!
I've gotta alert the girls.

We hadn't used many eggs recently,
so they were piling up in the fridge.
That's almost 2 dozen eggs.
Today,
I am making potato salad for dinner tonight
so, I'll use 6 eggs for that
and I'll make a quiche on Saturday.
We usually get 3 to 4 eggs a day,
but there are some days
that nobody lays an egg.

We typically don't refrigerate the fresh eggs
till they've been washed. 
We have an egg container on the
kitchen counter to hold those.
 
I wanted to thank the girls for their butt nuggets,
but I couldn't find Ethel.
I found everyone else.
But still no Ethel.
I walked around the yard calling her
but she didn't come.
I finally found her in the coop.
She had just laid an egg
so I'll cut her some slack for not coming.

Lucy chilling in the shade.

Nugget, curious as ever.

Hazel 


**************************************

More blueberries.


The herb garden.


Yellow Cherry tomatoes

Focaccia Bread.
All toppings are homegrown.
Soooo good!




A baby bell pepper.



Beets.
This one is ready to pick.
We know that because it's "crown" is poking
up from the dirt.



Cucumber blossoms.


Hazel and Lucy hunting for bugs.


Yellow crooked neck squash.


***********************************



This is an Asian dayflower.
It's pretty, 
but it's a weed.
If it happens to go to seed
(and they do all the time!),
it's hard to get rid of. 
You can weed it out, but
to kinda borrow a line from The Godfather,
"Just when (we) thought (they) were out,
they (grow) back in!"



A pretty fern frond.
They grow by rhizomes and spores.
This was growing wild on the side of the house
so we decided to give it a better home
near the herb garden.



Yellow gladiolus that fell over in the wind.
We had the same thing happen to the
other yellow one.
They get leggy and blow over easily.


There are 2 more yellow ones in the mailbox garden,
and 1 that hasn't shown us it's 
"true colors" yet.
I named them Cindy Laupers.


The false garlic.
It doesn't smell.
It just blooms and looks pretty.


Coleus.
This one broke off when the CEO was
mowing, so I brought it inside to root.
If you look closely there are a bunch of roots,
so it's time to plant!



This succulent is another rescue.
The CEO brought it home and our plan
is to re-pot and snip off the leggy parts.



**********************************



Damnit!!
 I almost screamed!!
I was walking into the kitchen and 
thought this was a mouse on the table!!
🐁🐭


When I got closer....
I saw that it was just a jalapeno pepper.
Whew!
My old eyes were playing tricks on me!
😆



Ok...
Yes, 
this is a kids show and 
no, 
I haven't watched it,
but...
kudos to whoever the Einstein is
who thought of the title 
character's name.
Seriously,
would kids get it?
Doubtful.
Donkey Hodie!!!
Brilliant.


Yeah, 
its a fly,
but look how pretty that
iridescent tiny exoskeleton is.
Nature is amazing.


But,
according to Maslow,


Always WIFI!
WIFI is what you need too!

***********************

💓
Love ya Sis!









 

No comments: