Monday, October 31, 2022

October 31st

Today is the 31st and I simply
can't believe this year is almost over!
Time is passing way too fast.
Sometimes it feels as though 
there's not enough hours in 
the day to get things done.

Mark Twain said,
"There isn't time, so brief is life,
for bickerings, apologies, heart burnings,
callings to account. There is only
time for loving, and but an instant,
so to speak, for that."
And according to 
the poet Virgil,
"tempus fugit."
So,
I'd better get my butt in gear
and hope the little 
Trick or Treaters
come calling tonight.





*********************


Our Cuzuzzas are doing well



This is our harvest of a couple of days ago.
Cuzuzza, Green and Purple Romaine,
Bell, jalapenos, and banana peppers, 
spinach and arugula.


Carrots and Beets


Yellow, Sweet and Red Onions.


Broccoli and Cauliflower.


11 different kinds of Lettuce!


Purple, Green and Red Bell peppers.


Banana Peppers


Chicory.
This little guy is a powerhouse plant.
Its' packed with prebiotic fiber insulin,
and can aid in blood sugar control.
It's a relative of the dandelion family.
We add it to salads, but the root, if dried
can be ground and added to coffee. 


Japanese Eggplant



Variegated Basil and Pineapple Sage
with its' beautiful red flowers.


Purple Basil


The CEO noticed that our
VERY prolific Aloe Vera plants
have started to flower!
There are 4 large flowers and 2
of the stalks have another flower on it.





Lettuce leaf in the morning dew.


***************************


I was going to dress our menagerie
up for Halloween,
but they weren't having it.
Minew prefers to snooze in the shade.


Lucy was checking for any easily 
available lettuce leaves.
(Notice the double layer of 
chicken wire? Those clever girls
figured out how to get to the leaves)


Ethel on patrol.
Nothing gets past those
beady raptor eyes!


Some kind of butterfly or maybe a moth.
He's beautiful.
I shoo'd him away before Ethel
zeroed in on him and had a quick snack!


*************************

This humble blog uses my simple,
stream of conscious writing and 
the pictures of the small farm.
I love sharing what the CEO 
has accomplished and our simple
back to nature, lifestyle.
My photos are not artistic,
by any nature, but they are special to me.
My need to take pictures comes from
my memories being unfaithful to 
recall what I've seen or loved.
The pictures become return tickets
to a place and time that I can
revisit for free,
so..
I'm glad you've come along for the ride.

๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™


Happy Halloween!
๐Ÿ”

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

๐Ÿ‘ฉ‍๐ŸŒพ❤️

Anonymous said...

I’m not anonymous- it’s Me