Sunday, October 9, 2022

October 9th

I love October.
The weather is mild and not 
too hot, giving me the energy
to do things outdoors again.
But,
I wish we had a real fall
where the leaves turned,
It's the deep South,
so,
 I'll take this weather
with its' low threat of hurricanes
that no longer make me
leery about watching the weather.
Also,
in 2 days, it will be my Sister's
Birthday!
She's my support, my ally,
my entertainment,
my audience and my critic,
but also my biggest fan
and mot to mention,
my best friend.
The best things in life
really aren't things,
they are sisters.
And..
in 9 days it will be the CEO's
birthday.
He is my anchor.
When I met you,
I saved me.
As we get older,
I can't imagine a day without you.
I say "I love you" often,
not to hear you repeat it back,
but to make you know that 
you are one of the best things in my life.
It's the small day to day 
kindnesses that we do for 
each other that make this
life fun.
I'll always love you
and I hope we have many more
days together where we
get on each others nerves!
So,
here's an early
Happy Anniversary
for 10/20.
Still the one after all these years!


**************************

A few of our harvests...
Eggplants, Bell Peppers and Jalapenos.


More peppers



Purple Bell peppers.


Beets in the corner
of the onion bed.
Root veggies grow well together.


Romaine lettuce
almost ready for yummy salads!


Purple Romaine.


Jalapenos.


The CEO turning the compost bin.


Lucy and Ethel.
We now run a small hen
Nursing Home for over the hill hens.
They no longer lay eggs, they
just walk around the yard like 
raptors looking for prey.
They still eat bugs, lizards, small snakes,
frogs, crickets and an assortment of
low hanging veggies.
They are also best buds with Minew,
so, the 3 of them make of a kind
of Charlie's Angels group that
protect each other.


The girls getting a snack.
Lucy looks skeptical...


Minew, rubbing on her catnip.
She loves this stuff!



Some of our Succulents.
This is one is called a 
Dudleya.


This one is a 
Haworthia.


And this is a Sedeveria.
 They are so easy to grow!
we love these guys 💓

*************************


We need to get some Halloween 
candy soon before it's all picked over
and we're left with crappy Circus Peanuts,
Peanut Butter Taffy wrapped in orange and black waxed paper,
or Almond Joys, and buy some chocolate ones that
I'd like to eat.

I can't stand coconut and licorice.
Yuck!
I think that after I die,
I'll be sitting in Purgatory's
Waiting room while they process 
my paperwork, and these candies
will be in the complimentary bowl.
😔

(By the way, is "Trick or Treat"
a statement, question or a threat?)

*****************************



Be nice!

💚💙


One last observation...

So there's watermelon,
but wouldn't it be nice if
there were earthmelon,
firemelon and airmelon too?
We could call them the
Elemelons!


P.S.
Thanking my friend's daughters for
the most thoughtful gift of flowers
that are incredibly beautiful!

😘



 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

❤️❤️❤️