Saturday, April 15, 2017

4-15 Holy Saturday/Tax Day/Crescent City Classic Day

my views of starting line, finish line & participation medal
 
 
Today I walked the Crescent City Classic - this makes 6 times. Not bad for a senior citizen. My feet are killing me!!! Fleet of foot, I am not... never have been. So, the decision to walk has never been upgraded to jog or, heaven forbid, run. If there would have ever been a reason for me to run, zombies would have to be chasing me.
Passing the ever beautiful homes along Esplanade Ave, is a reason in itself to walk that course. The ancient oaks that line the street and gently shade the participants as we walked by, gave a respite from the sunny day. But, this is New Orleans, right? There is water passed out along the route, as well as alcoholic beverages to whomever has the urge to partake. There are serious runners mixed up with the not so serious ones too. We never miss a chance to turn something into our own take on the venue. Laissez le bon temp roulez!

No comments: