Tuesday, September 19, 2017

September 19th

This post is going to begin with the stupid things I see on television.
No, I don't mean "Keeping Up With The Kardashians", although that particular show, in my opinion is stupid. These so called "reality" shows are never real. They are scripted just like any others. Just Jerry Springer without the audience.
Then there are many that I just don't understand how they manage to get on the air.
I was channel surfing, and I came upon these gems......
Now, I get why they'd name their cosmetics company IT, but in light of the recent remake of Stephen King's IT - maybe not such a good idea.
 
 so, with the primary colors and white face, it should cover your blemishes nicely,
but it'd scare the crap outta your family!!
Too much?
Ya think?
 
Then there's this.........
How should I know?
 I do, however, know when I poop too much.
I have to break out the Imodium and hope that I can trust a fart.
But, do we really need a 30 minute TV infomercial about it?
Come on!
 
 
And if your colon issues are not enough........ there's always bladder relief.
Aren't you glad that the bladder is finally the focus after so long being neglected by the media?
Jeez, our plumbing may be fodder for the Emmy's!
Is nothing scared anymore?
Another 30 minutes viewers will never recoup.
 
Then there's the shopping channels that are everywhere!
There's QVC, QVC 2, HOME, JTV - and that's only 4!
In actuality, there's more like 20.
Who spends that kind of time and money ordering from these channels? I certainly don't. I'm so bad at shopping that I own clothing bought way before the century changed.
Inquiring minds wanna know.
 
My personal television viewing preferences are eclectic.
I love watching movies.
I'm entertained by the Science, SciFy, National Geographic and History Channels.
I routinely watch HGTV and Travel channel.
I tune in to BBC America when I get the inkling. The Weather Channel's are fun sometimes too. Just watching those assholes brave a Cat 5 hurricane (along with their dumbass cameraman) to bring it "to the masses", should win a comedy award.
My guilty pleasure is ION or ID channel. Love me some "who dunnit's".
That sounds like I never watch the big 3.
I really do.
There are several shows that I am highly entertained by, but I typically don't watch any television ALL the time.
 
I read.
Plain and simple.
That, to me, is by far more entertaining.
 
Pssst!
Segue to the chickens..........
 
OK, already!
 
I was trying to think of a chicken star of a television show.
I don't know of any famous live chicken that has been on TV or was the star of a show.
There was Arnold the pig on Green Acres, 
but no chickens.
Oh, I forgot about Foghorn Leghorn,
but that's animation.
So, sadly, the girls have no poultry to look up to.
I don't think they realize they're chickens anyway.
They self identify as dogs.
 
 

This is Ethel. She's getting braver.
She'll come up to listen while we talk to them or eat something out of our hand.
 
 
Ethel and Sandy
 
 

Nugget (background) and Pepper.
 
Not much is being harvested lately. We do have a few okra and bell peppers still producing.
I usually just pickle the okra.
I save the liquid from a jar of pickles. Then clean off the okra well.
Next, I immerse them in the jar and leave it for a week or so in the fridge.
Sometimes, I add some pearl onions or garlic cloves too.
They are quite tasty.
The refrigerated pickles are way easier than the conventional way.
And,
they come out the same.
P.S. those pickled okra taste really good in a bloody Mary.
Just saying......
 

1 comment:

Sue said...

You just made the best argument for cutting the cable. I DO NOT miss it at all. Could get Sling TV or PS View for a 10th of what they want for cable to watch that trash. There are plenty enough channels on antenna TV but we do have Netflix. Hulu is great, too. Can't tell the difference in the picture, either.