Saturday, October 7, 2017

October 7th

Just sitting around waiting on Nate. Hopefully he stays well away from us.
The hurricane, at this time, remains a category 1.
That's fine by me.

The kids weren't happy because their school fair was cut short. At least they had one day and a half of fun.
Better safe than sorry.....
We did see several rain bands that barreled through. We've seen worse rain lately, so no street flooding...... yet....
 
 
This is a good graphic to understand a hurricane and southeast Louisiana.
gotta love it!
 
 
On Friday October 6th the full moon was absolutely beautiful. I managed to get a picture of it.
That's the Harvest Moon.
 
 
 

The hens aren't loving this wet weather. They perch there looking into the kitchen. I guess they are expecting someone to come out, not today, girls.....
 
Last week we planted a few new plants as I blogged about on my last entry. We also did a bit of Halloween decorating

The front door
 
Gravestone wreath
 

 
And my favorite....
my Dante quote!
 
I hope that this storm doesn't  tear up our decorations.
 
Oops!
Gotta go. The family is getting hungry, and I need to cook while we still have power.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Much ado about nothing