Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 15th

Its been a while since the last post. I took a self imposed hiatus.
Big words, not altogether true.
Actually, there was nothing much to say. Its been a mundane few weeks.

Today is ironically, "I Love To Write Day", so, in honor of that, I'll comply and write this entry......
(its also "Clean Your Refrigerator Day" - nope, that's not happening!)

I did read several murder mystery books on my old Nook. I currently have 140 books on it and about 10 ready to read.
Most were free.
If I don't like them, there's no problem deleting them.
A few really were good, but sadly most were not very memorable. Hence the problem with a free book.



I'm going to have to get back to the library. The problem with that is, I instantly get ADD!
I'm sidetracked by ALL the books.
I start looking in one area and get distracted by another.
I can't say that I'm a purist and only prefer print, but the smell of an old book is intoxicating to me!

Ever been to Powell's City of Books in Portland Oregon? Its acres and acres (exaggeration) of anything and everything you'd ever care to read. Its an entire city block!
Then, there's City Lights in San Francisco. Another awesome bookstore. This one is an ode to the Beat Generation. After all, it was founded by Ferlinghetti and Jack Kerouac's name is engraved in front on the sidewalk. Doesn't get any more authentic than that.

 
 
In New Orleans, its the Maple Street Bookshop. I used to shop for the sale books there back in the '70's. I bought an illustrated copy of Beatles lyrics in 1971 and an old copy of The Maltese Falcon. I haven't been in there in several years, but the memory of just crossing the threshold of the entrance makes me smile.
 
 
Speaking of cleaning the 'fridge,
          (yeah, I know its a bad segue),
I thought I had everything under control in there. I was searching for something to eat the other day.
You know how you stand there, wishing for something to appear, and you then realize how sad it really is that you are at the fridge door and there isn't anything appetizing to you?
Well, I noticed a container that I didn't remember being there. Yay!
Lemme check this out!
Well, I opened it. That was my first mistake!
It smelled like the seventh circle of hell!
What in the name of all that's holy, is it?
I couldn't identify it, but it was on the fast track to become an antibiotic.
So, I closed the noxious thing up and threw it in the garbage - mistake number two.
Now, the whole house was a major stink fest!
So, I dragged it out to the can and put it on the curb.
Now, its no longer my stink, it belongs to the community, but I think we may have needed a CDC intervention!
I don't even think the dog would have rolled in it! And that's saying something!

The hens are clucking at something in the yard. Probably an unsuspecting squirrel.
As I've said before, they hate squirrels.
I went out to investigate, and they begin to follow me. Everywhere that Sara went, the hens were sure to go.
Couldn't locate the reason for all the incessant clucking, but at least they shut up.
I refilled the water and grain bowls and they all marched toward them single file, like ants to a picnic.
They pecked at that for a while then started prancing around like a cross between a neurological disease or competition at the Paralympics.
Ahhhh,
Poultry in motion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.