Thursday, November 2, 2017

November 2nd

Halloween was not the crazy night it usually is.
We didn't have many kids come to the house.
The down side is we now have all this candy!
Crap.
Just when I was gonna start a diet.
 
 
Dinner was really fun though.
This is cocktail meatballs otherwise known as zombie eyeballs.
We decided to make it "interesting"........
 
 then there's this....
Scabs (teriyaki beef jerky)
 
 I knew the kids wouldn't sit down to a normal meal, so this worked like a charm.
I even got them to eat some veggies and fruit.....
 
 
Tonight's moon
It's a Waxing Gibbous moon.
The word gibbous means convex or protuberant.
When applied to the moon, it just means that it looks full, but is only at 98%.
The actual Full Moon will be on November 4th. I love looking at the moon. Such a beautiful sight.
I can appreciate how ancient people held it in awe......
 
On this day in 1734, Daniel Boone was born.
In 1755 Marie Antoinette was executed during the French Revolution.
There were a few assorted presidents elected to office,
but on this day,
I walked around the Crescent Park and the French Quarter.
 
It is a beautiful bike/pedestrian park along the Mississippi River.
I hadn't even known it existed!


It is quiet and beautiful.
There's lovely landscaping as well.
 
This is the view from part of our walk.

Pretty neat, huh?
 It's at the Crescent in the river.
The weather was really nice, a tad too hot for me, but nice nonetheless.
We also noted the "changing of the LEAF"
Fall didn't get the message in New Orleans.
This was the only tree that we saw that had fall foliage.
 
Next we roamed around the outskirts of the Quarter.......
 
 
Then we decided to grab a bite from Killer Poboys at 811 Conti.

The shrimp sandwich comes with sriracha aioli, herbs, radish, carrot and cucumber.
Delish!
Good with a side of smothered greens.
 
Then back down Royal.
We peeped into a few courtyards.
In the hustle bustle of the French Quarter, the courtyards are an oasis.
 
 

 
and here's a couple wrought iron balconies on Dauphine Street.
 
 
 
Then back to Kenner.............
And the girls.......
 
I caught Nugget in the bag of shavings checking it out.
I shooed her out, but she started shrieking like the Bride of Frankenstein and kept going back in.
So, I picked her up and parked her in the coop to lay her egg.
We did this dance several times......
I thought she finally wasn't interested in the bag anymore.
I was wrong.
Now,
she's obsessed with the bag.
 
After I took this picture, I found an egg in it!
This is Nugget with her head in the bag.
I think she thinks she's hiding.
She can't see me so, in her mind, I'm gone.
Goofy chicken........
 
And,
now for another
girl...
Our fur baby
Leia.
The best dog ever!
 
 
 

No comments: