Thursday, December 7, 2017

December 7th

Still no phone.

I'm in a Simon and Garfunkel song......
Sounds of Silence.

Or,

a Christmas hymn.....
Silent Night,

Or,

And old submarine movie......
Run Silent, Run Deep

Get it?

I'm SILENT.  :(

I do borrow a phone from my granddaughter for emergency purposes but its still frustrating.
Hopefully, I'll have one today.

Speaking of today......

its Pearl Harbor Day.
December 7th
The day that "shall live in infamy!"
Having visited the Arizona memorial on Oahu, I can truly say that it was extremely moving.
I didn't think it would bring me to tears but,
during the film,
as the names were being called out by the narrator,
I became so choked up.
All those lives.....
Forever entombed.
And the sight of the oil slick meandering away from the hull.....
So very sad.

18 days till Christmas.
The tree is up.
The wreath is on the door.
The stockings are hung (no chimney, but certainly with care)
The chickens don't have stockings yet, but the dog does.
The dog gets the same thing every year.
Bones and Scooby Snacks. She loves 'em!
I've gotta get 7 little stockings, but I don't know what to put in them.

Our menagerie hasn't even written to Santa yet.
So who knows what they all want.
As for the hens,
I'm thinking grubs.
Yeah,
Grubs and seeds!
That's the ticket!






No comments: