Saturday, October 12, 2019

October 12th

This isn't my work,
But,
it is so cute that I thought 
I'd include it again.
Just an inquisitive little hen.
Reminds me of Henny and Sandy.

***************************

How apropos.
We have a day of celebration!
Yay!

************************

 Well, the cooler weather came about this morning.
Thank goodness!
I was beginning to think
I lived in the middle of a
dead end street in
the capitol of the
seventh circle of Hell! 

Here's a conundrum...
The heat index has been in the 100's.
Heat melts things.
Then why haven't I lost weight??
??
I'm gaining so much weight
that my white cotton panties
might be enough to rig a sail
and power a yacht down to Cuba!
!!
By the 2nd law of thermodynamics,
entropy,
when matter (Me) is heated,
it changes shape, area and volume.
So, with that in mind,
if heat melts, 
wouldn't my adipose
tissue melt?
??
Humans are mostly water, so,
shouldn't I also lose weight due to water loss?
??
I have sweated in areas that
I didn't know I had sweat glands!
These are the things I think about....


So,
this morning we went to vote,
then get gas in the car 
and on to Costco.
There were people there in COATS!
C'mon,
Coats?
the temperature was 64.
It felt soooo wonderful!
It made me happy as a colony of
E.coli in a room temperature
egg salad!
I felt like breaking out into a song!
!!!

**********************  

 The garden loved the rain yesterday.
Looks like everybody perked up.
This is our Thai Basil


This is "Stevia Nicks"
The Stevia is a bit leggy, but still
hanging on.
Just a small bit in our mint green tea
and it is just sweet enough.
(yes, I name the plants)

This is "Desi"
Cuban Oregano
(yes, I know the plant names are stupid)

Just 2 of the Eggplants peeking from 
behind the leaves. 


Purple Bell peppers.
Almost ready to pick.


Cucuzza 



Between the Eggplant bush and the
Cucuzza vine,
it looks like a cave.


Pepper,
she is always following
us around.
Such a cutie!

****************************


a contribution from my friend
An Elephant Ear flower.
I looked this up...
It is actually part of the seed stalk.
The long white stalk is clusters of small flowers
that become the seeds.
The plant doesn't bloom yearly,
and sometimes may take years to bloom.
The plant doesn't rely on seeds to reproduce.
It grows by rizhomes, or tube like productions 
from the parent plant.
Amazing.
I had no idea.
Thanks,
Melissa!

********************

Just remembering
my girl,
Leia.....



***********************
and this....


2 old ladies were attending Mass.
Sitting so long on the hard wooden pews 
were starting to make them squirm.
Rose Marie leaned over to Lucille
and whispered,
"My butt is going to sleep."
"I know,"
 replied Lucille,
"I heard it snore three times."

***********************


Always Hugs!


3 comments:

Melissa said...

I luv you plant names
And you chicken pics
And Elephant Ear Fun Facts - I didn’t know

EarthMother said...

LOL 😂. Thanks for the contribution. I always love that!

EarthMother said...

Also totally misspelled the word “rhizomes”. Weird that spell check didn’t catch it