Saturday, December 14, 2019

December 14th

This picture is just so wonderful.
So New Orleans.....
I love it.
We need to hear this message again.
Peace.
Let it Be...
(Thanks John and Paul)

In that same vein...
Another of my Grandaughters' creations.
She gave this to the CEO and I.
We love it.
Thanks!
.
Different words and symbols, 
same message,
especially at this time in history.

**************************

Some of the herbs don't like 
the colder weather.
The temperatures have been all over the place,
and you can see the results in some of
the more barren pots.
This is Desi, 
the Cuban Oregano.
He's not doing great, but there are
a lot of new growths coming in.
If it gets too cold, we'll move
him to a warmer area.
That's Cher, the Thyme in the above
 picture, bottom right.
(Turn back Thyme)
She's doing well in this weather.



Chrysanthemums.
The CEO rescued a bunch of them and they're 
liking their new home.
They live in a planter by the mailbox
in the front yard.




Gardenias.
They must think that it's spring!
They've been sporadically blooming
and the bush has so many bulbs.

************************************

The girls are following me
as I check out the veggies.
The bell peppers are still growing
as well as the tomatoes and eggplants.
I'm going to pick the green tomatoes
and hope they ripen on the window sill.
If I don't grab them now, the hens will lunch
on the low hanging ones.

Nugget at my feet

Pepper, Lucy and Ethel

Pepper and Nugget talking to me 
as I wipe my feet to back into the house.

************************
The Case of The Stray Gray Sock

Laundry,
A chore that I do almost every day.
I don't love it or really hate it.
It's just a necessity.
Here's my plan to get it done.
I've got 4 laundry baskets.
The CEO's clothes go in one. 
They usually need bleach.
Then I separate the darks from the lights
with the towels in a separate basket.
Once a week, I wash the bed clothes and
the mattress cover.
Sounds reasonably normal, right?
Well....
there's always a kink in the plan.
Somehow,
in my universe,
I lose a sock periodically.
Why?
Pairs go in but somewhere in
another dimension,
one of the little buggars
will disappear!
So,
I've made an orphan sock home.
It's a box above the dryer.
A simple abode for a lonely
girl or boy sock to live in, till
a suitable mate is found.
Yes, sometimes when another
one can never be found,
they'll be reborn
as a wonderful dusting cloth
or a rag used in painting.
(especially the "holey" ones.)
But...
This happened yet again yesterday morning.
I put 2 pair of my dirty socks in the wash,
and I saw both pair as I transferred them
to the dryer.
When the dryer was finished,
I transferred all the laundry to a basket.
I dumped the basket onto my bed to sort and fold.
There was only 3 gray footie socks!!! 
I looked everywhere.
Couldn't find it.
Chalked it up to the 5th dimension
portal inside the dryer.
Now.....
fast forward to today.
I was making the bed this morning
and pulled up the spread and blanket.
Oh, my goodness!
Then I saw it!
Right there!
Big as you please, 
relaxing on the bed,
smiling, 
like it just came outta the
 dimensional portal!
The stray gray sock.
Couldn't provide any answers as to its'
whereabouts yesterday,
just mute as always
but taunting me nonetheless.
Glad that it came back home,
I didn't question it.
But, 
I shoulda put on my Deerstalker hat
and sleuthed a bit more.
I just hope she had a wonderful
time and won't leave home again.
Oh, and I'll just bet she shares her 
adventures with her mate!
This is the "mugshot"
(can't you see that smug smile?)

*****************************


and just because,
I know I'd miss this
incredible sight
if I was ever to leave...
Late fall in Louisiana,
beautiful!

Take care...



No comments: