Thursday, December 5, 2019

December 5th


This is my 13 year old Granddaughter's
 art project for school, that she gave me as
an early Christmas present.
It is oil pastels.
Not bad for her first art piece.
Our whole family misses our Leia,
and she wanted to do this in memory of her,
I love it!

*******************************

This will be in our Grocery Garden
Every time we buy celery, we never 
get the pre-cut ones,
because we re-plant the roots.
When they start growing,
The CEO plants them.
That way we have a tasty harvest
for quite a long time.
This is the one that has been harvested 
many times. You can even eat the leaves.
Those newer guys will join this one soon.


A few Bell Peppers and Long Tall Sally Peppers


This is an artichoke.
We haven't had great success with them,
but we're hoping this little guy makes it. 


A few of the blood oranges.
They'll deepen in color with a reddish blush.
Then you can pick them.
They are a milder citrus flavor
with a beautiful red color.


The hen girls LOVE tomatoes!
If there's any hanging low,
they lunch on them!

Bay bush

English Ivy
It's about 4 feet tall growing onto a trellis.
It started life as a clipping.
Hazel, at one point, used the pot as an
extra coop to lay her eggs.
She hasn't done that again, thank goodness.

********************************


Ethel (black) and Nugget


Hazel, Lucy and Pepper


Hazel eyeballing me while I walked 
around the garden.

**************************


I'll call this the
"Who Knew?"
section.....


Yes folks,
now you can own your own
 chicken anatomical
model to show your friends!
I can understand if it's for a 
Vet school or Vets office, but
this is just weird.....


and this....

This is mine. My sister told me they are
selling the old Corning Ware on eBay.




These are also mine.
Got them as Wedding gifts back in 1974.


Amazing!
I'm gonna have to go through my
cabinets to mine more gold!
********************************

This section I'll call,
"Rant"

Have you ever noticed these really ridiculous car names?
Kia Soul, Honda Fit and pretty much every car by Volkswagen.
It also is standard to name the more expensive cars with only
letter designations, like LX, RX, NX, QX....
Why??
I understand that they are trying for a "catchy or classy" name, 
but c'mon...
The Volkswagen Tiguan is literally a portmanteau of
Tiger and Iguana.
What do those animals have in common that might make a 
great car name? 
Absolutely nothing!
How about the Nissan Versa?
Versa is a Latin word meaning "to talk with".
Ok...
How about Cadillac Escalade?
Escalade means to scale fortified walls using ladders.
Yeah, ladders, not tires.
Then there's the Jeep Rubicon?
The Rubicon is a river in Italy that was famously 
crossed by Julius Caesar.
(OK, I concede that the Jeep guys might wanna
say "Look at this car! It can even cross a river!"
So,
Then we have the Chevrolet Avalanche.
Why, why name a vehicle after a 
catastrophic geological event??
I don't get it.
Doesn't give me warm fuzzies about riding in it either.

Ford Fusion.
Fusion is a lighter atomic nuclei that 
forms a heavier nucleus.
So, the Ford exec's said,
"Oh! I have an idea!
Lets' name our car after
an unstable physics event!"
Then we have the
Mitsubishi Endeavor
They endeavor to try harder??
And,
Chevy Equinox.
Equinox is a time or date when the sun
crosses the equator twice a year.
So, does that mean that the car isn't 
functional the rest of the year???
But,
in full disclosure...
I drive a Highlander
and it has never been to Scotland.
At least that I'm aware of....
(Probably could have with the amount
of miles on it!)
Just sayin'

***************


Our take out fork
is a Trekkie




2 comments:

Melissa said...

I really like Leia’s picture

EarthMother said...

Thanks, me too!