Saturday, December 21, 2019

December 21st

Christmas is almost here.
Wow!
Feels like the summer was yesterday,
not to mention
our tiny Fall season.
But...
Winter is Coming!
I don't mean to sound like
I'm rehashing Game of Thrones,
it really is coming.....
today.

According to 'The Farmer's Almanac',
the winter solstice will occur
this year at 11:19pm CST.
That means that the sun is
directly overhead at the 
Tropic of Capricorn.
It's then that the sun is further away
in the Northern Hemisphere.

There are 2 Solstices and 2 Equinoxes.
All are based of the Earth's
position in relation to the Sun.
Just think of it this way...
the solstice brings more sunlight.
So from now on the days
will get longer.
But,
the weather will still be cold.

*******************

And now
presenting,
the chicken girls
with their renditions of
"The first 4 days of Christmas"

On the 1st day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me,
a chicken near a 
blood orange tree!

On the 2nd day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me,
two chicken girls
(pretending to be
turtle doves!)

On the 3rd day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me,
three (Cajun) French hens!

On the 4th day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me,
Four clucking birds,
(who can't wait their turn
for a treat!)
--------------
Thank you for your support.
The girls love to sing!
But,
their Christmas album didn't
make the charts.
Oh, well...
they do take requests
for Christmas songs,
but they're partial
to anything about hens.
And,
sadly,
they are off key and tone deaf.

*************************

You Can't Make This S**t Up!

All I can say is...
This happened in Pennsylvania,
why didn't they use 
Philly Cream Cheese??

*********************


Merry 'Louisiana' Christmas!

with
Merry Christmas Hugs!





No comments: