Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August 31st

I was reluctant to post a blog entry during
the last week of August,
because I was waiting on a
hurricane announcement.

When the 29th came and went,
I felt like I could breathe.
With the dual anniversaries of
these 2 devastating storms,
Katrina and Ida,
the anxiety was finally leaving me.
I guess it's a form of PTSD,
but as I age it gets harder and harder.
Thankfully
(so far)
we haven't had a storm.
Fingers crossed!

***************************


Japanese Eggplants and
White Eggplants still
on the bush.



The new bed filled with
Garlic, Onions and 
Beets.



Banana Peppers



Today's harvest.
I've got a recipe for
Jalapeno Poppers that I 
plan to try.



I found a recipe for Baba Ganoush
that I had to try.


It turned out really well!
I impressed myself.
YUM!


Baba Ganoush
(a Mediterranean Dip)
About 4 or 5 Japanese Eggplants
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced white onion
1/2 cup plain hummus
1 teaspoon Tajin
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
Dash of lemon juice.

Peel, and cube the eggplant.
In a saucepan, sautee the eggplant 
with the garlic, onion, Tajin
balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon EVOO.
Cook until the eggplant becomes 
macerated and onions are clear.
Remove from heat and use 
an immersion blender to 
make a thick pudding-like
mixture.
Add the hummus and blend again.
Spoon into a container then
add the other tablespoon EVOO
and a dash of lemon juice.
You can serve warm with
toasted pita wedges.


****************************


The girls preparing to 
go to sleep.
You know the phrase,
" Go to bed with the chickens"?
well, it's accurate.
They go into the coop at dusk.
"Nite nite Lucy and Ethel.


Minew was still patrolling.


She is very nosy.


*********************************

Only in Louisiana...


A nice touch for the neighborhood
kids near Chapelle.



And I couldn't resist this one...

Thanks for reading...
💙💚









 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

💗