Sunday, September 11, 2022

September 11th

It's also Patriots Day in remembrance
of 9/11, but I didn't want to be saddened
any more.
Queen Elizabeth passed away after 70
years as a reigning monarch, and
its' been 21 years since the 
terrorists caused so much
devastation in New York.
I decided to concentrate on
the 5 special grandkids in my life
and count my blessings.

It is also a full harvest moon.
This was taken at 6:00am this morning.
Beautiful!

Since I was thinking of my grandkids
and my advanced age,
None of them are young anymore,
they are all either in their teens or twenties now.
It makes me realize that time is so fleeting,
but the memories are like pictures
of older times.
Yes, once upon a time, I was a kid.
😀

We'd play outside all day, till
the streetlights came on.
We loved jump rope too.
That got me to thinking about
the silly songs we'd sing
as we jumped.

"One, two, buckle my shoe.
Three, four, shut the door.
Five, six. pick up sticks.
Seven, eight, lay them straight.
Nine, ten the big fat hen!"

"Cinderella dressed in yella,
went upstairs to kiss a fella..."

Not last night, but the night before,
24 robbers came knocking at my door.
I asked them what they wanted,
and this is what they said;
Spanish dancer do the split,
Spanish dancer do a high kick,
Spanish dancer do the twist,
(there were a few more odd
requests of the many 'robbers',
but the last command was..)
Spanish dancer that's enough for you!

and this...

I'm frankly surprised I was able to
recall any of those songs.
Ha!
Good times!

*********************


White eggplant


Jalapenos


Beets

Potatoes


Garlic and onions


Basil varieties


Lucy and Ethel


The girls patrolling the garden.


Minew's catnip.
She LOVES it!


Mandevilla


*****************************

I found this online.
It's a cough medicine for
asthmatic issues.
I'm amazed that the patient
was able to function after
taking this!


Another Hero.
God Bless all who helped
in that aftermath.


************************************




Love to all...
💙💚








 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

💗