Tuesday, June 20, 2017

June 20th

Today is National Hike With A Geek Day - I must confess, I originally read it as, Hike With a Greek Day. I was going to call my son and daughter-in-law, to tell them to make today an annual thing, as she is Greek. Then I thought, how "Emily Litella" of me! Never mind........

Its also the beginning of storm season. The local media has been doing their best to whip up concern regarding the latest depression in the Gulf. I think weather people live for storms. They seem to all come to the studio to jostle for air time. I guess, since Katrina, they see every disturbance as a potential for an Edward R Murrow Award. I'm cynical. Its not that I don't see the urgency, its just that I think its a bit much. There will soon be "runs" on staples at the grocery stores too. Oh well, humans need something to worry about........
And, I guess, it could be a legitimate concern for those areas without levee protection. Each storm eats away at those lower coasts.
 
 
 
On the home front, all 7 of the girls seem to be getting along. The 2 new ones, Lucy and Ethel, are gaining weight and seem to love it here. They were skinny, cowering little things when they first got here. Ethel had a bare spot on her butt where she had been "hen pecked". That area is clearing up.
 

 

Leia isn't having any of the rainy weather. She absolutely hates going out in the rain. I mean, she's really gotta go, to go out in the rain! I'm calling her, "Come on girl. Do you have to go outside?" "Lets go!" This is her response. Look at me for a second,then ignore the human.
 
 

The weird little triplet finally ripened. I was waiting patiently to come home from work to eat it. Well, it wasn't where I had last seen it. I looked all over the kitchen - no Mickey tomato. I accuse the CEO, and he, in a conditioned response, says,
"I didn't eat it!" "It wasn't me!".
Now, there are 2 other possibilities: 1)The dog. Unlikely. She doesn't typically counter surf. Plus, she doesn't look guilty. That's usually a dead give away.
                                                   2)The number 2 son. I stalk him as he leaves the bathroom......
"Did you eat my tomato?!"
"Huh?" "What tomato?"
(Ah ha! I've got him now!)
"My Mickey tomato"
"Your Mickey tomato???"
(he's smiling. my detection skills are amazing)
"I was waiting to eat the Mickey one, to see how it was joined, but you beat me to it"
"Wow, Mom, I didn't know you were sentimentally attached to that tomato. I did eat it, but we have many more for you to love like Mickey"
(damn kids.......)
Anyway, it turns out that it wasn't a true triplet, it was 3 individuals. Sadly, I now begin my search for another Mickey....   :(
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: