Wednesday, June 7, 2017

June 7th

It's National June Bug Day! Don't know if I knew what a June bug looked like, but I found a picture.
I didn't think it'd look like a scarab beetle, but its kinda cute.
 
This is the first day that I'm able to get out into the garden in about a week. Its been non-stop raining. That's pretty typical for "these here parts", but its a bit too much rain..... Some of the veggies aren't doing so hot.
 

Nice weather for ducks. I took this shot in the rain, on Monday June 5th.
 
As I said, some of the veggies took a beating in the rain and the weeds are growing overtime.
these are beets in the foreground and the remnants of the lettuce.
 
this is Greek oregano, thyme and mint. They certainly liked the rain.
 
those many blooms on the kumquat tree, have turned into baby kumquats. The tree is covered in them.
 
the cherry tomatoes....
 
today's haul.... there are even 2 okra. Oh, and 3 eggs too.  Yay!
 
 
 
 
 
As a nurse, I find humor in the gross stuff...........
 
When your Mama's a nurse: "Just stop crying and I'll put a Band Aid on it!"
 
 
 
 
When a patient's family brings a big ass box of Krispy Kremes!
 
 
 
I told you I hate giving enemas!
 
 
When the family member comes to the nurses station to complain about something and asks the staff,  "Who is the nurse for my mother?"
 
 
 
an illustration of physical and music therapy.
 
 
With that, I'll quote Joni Mitchell at Woodstock, "got to get ourselves back to the garden......."

No comments: