Thursday, August 17, 2017

August 17th

  Ever forget why you went into a particular room or where the thingamajigs is? I'm sure that everyone does, but, it makes me leery about the possibility of the big "A".....Alzheimer's.
Just this morning, I was searching for my name tag for work. (I'm still working, on an as needed basis). Anyway, I'm usually good about putting things back in their respective places, but I just couldn't locate the damned thing. I looked high and low, contemplating if it could have entered an alternate universe or been stolen by a pack of Trolls whose aim in life, is to possess a crappy picture of me with my name on it. It eventually turned up in the "low" area, on the floor of my closet. (See! It was the Trolls! I must have surprised them in the attempted theft!) My memory isn't as sharp as it used to be and you know, my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be............  :)
This exercise in futility got me to thinking. I don't feel all that old. Although, I'm not stupid enough to think I don't look this old. In my brain, I'm still probably 30. Ha! Ha!
I hate it when I see an old person and I realize that, Holy Crap!,we went to High School together! Then, I secretly keep eyeballing them to see "how old" they've gotten, while I, on the other hand, have aged so well.  (I did say that I feel like 30 in my brain - OK, I'm delusional, sue me.)
I still think that 1970 wasn't that long ago and 1990 feels like yesterday.
I try to watch what I eat. I try to get exercise, and get enough sleep....... wait! I can't even write this drivel! Since I've partially retired, my days are spent being lazy. I waited a looooong time to be lazy, so, by God, I'm gonna be lazy! My idea of watching what I eat, is to read the contents on the side of the package. Whoa! That can be a science experiment in itself! So many unpronounceable ingredients and preservatives. Well, I guess, at my age, preservatives are probably a good thing. I do get enough sleep, though. Naps are a plus too, underrated as they seem to be.

Old person humor.....
 
 
 
See? What'd I tell ya about naps?
Always a good idea
 
 
 
In other news.....
 
I was outside discussing the state of the world (our backyard) with the chickens. They seem attentive enough, but I seriously think they may be exhibiting ADHD. I diagnosed this condition previously, due to their inability to remain focused (unless I had an insect in my hand) and the rapid head movements.
They never stay until I'm finished with the discussion. They just wander off. While I'm still engaged in my discussion! Honestly! So rude!
Actually, I shouldn't even call it a "discussion". That implies that there are two-way conversations. Nope.
Only me.
Talking to myself.
As usual.
 
Nugget
 

Sandy (Col. Sanders)
 

Nugget - again (I think she's giving me the stink-eye)
 

Henny (Hen Solo)
 
 
Oh, yeah, they talk a good game, clucking and chirping while I wax poetic, but they are secretly thinking of loftier pursuits.
Like eating worms,
And chasing tree frogs,
And the dog.
 
I can see it in their beady little eyes.
They simply don't listen to my speeches.
Reminds my of my kids.
It always happened during one of my lengthy explanations.
They'd get this far away look,
 a kinda glassy eyed stare,
and I knew.....
I'd lost them!
Too much information.
TMI, reared its ugly head again.
 
 

1 comment: